Exercise is any bodily activity that maintains physical fitness and overall health and wellness.
Doing Exercising weekly 6 days a week decreases a person’s risk of developing certain diseases, including obesity, type 2 diabetes, and high blood pressure.
Think exercise is all about toned abs and weight loss? It also makes you happier and smarter!!!
Here are the 15 Top Mind-Blowing Benefits of Exercise:
- It improves learning. Exercise increases the level of brain chemicals called growth factors that help make new brain cells.
- It lifts depression. Sustained, sweat-inducing activity can reduce symptoms of depression about as effectively as antidepressants.
- It builds self-esteem and improves body image. Even simply seeing fitness improvements, like running a faster mile or lifting more weight, can improve your self-esteem and body image.
4. It reverses the detrimental effects of stress. Exercise boosts levels of soothing brain chemicals like serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine. Exercise may actually work on a cellular level to reverse stress’s toll on your aging process.
5. It keeps the brain fit. Even mild activity like a leisurely walk can help keep your brain fit and active, fending off memory loss and keeping skills like vocabulary retrieval strong.
6. It also makes you happier and smarter. Maybe you exercise to tone your thighs, build your biceps, or flatten your belly. Or maybe you work out to ward off the big killers like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. But how about sweating to improve your mind? “Exercise is the single best thing you can do for your brain in terms of mood, memory, and learning,”
7. Regular physical exercise can help you sleep better.
8. Only 10% of people are successful at losing weight through diet alone.
- Although weight loss should not be the sole purpose of the exercise, when combined with diet, it is the best way to lose weight.
The National Weight Control Registry found that 89% of people who use a combination of diet and exercise were successful at keeping the weight off for over one year.
9. People who work out with a partner and more likely to stick with their fitness regimes.
10. Exercise is important from a young age.
11. Only half of Americans aged 12-21 years exercise vigorously on a regular basis.
12. Men and women store fat very differently.
13. Couples who work out together are more likely to stay together.
14. Exercise Lets You Eat More
Pound for pound, muscle burns more calories at rest than body fat. So the more muscle you have, the higher your resting metabolic rate. And, of course, you also burn calories while you’re actually exercising.
15. Exercise improves mood
Physical activity stimulates various brain chemicals that may leave you feeling happier, more relaxed, and less anxious.
You feel better about your appearance and yourself when you exercise regularly, which can boost your confidence and improve your self-esteem.