You need to drink 8 glasses of a day in order to stay hydrated and it is essential for the body to function properly. Yes, drinking water is good, but do you know what is the best time to drink water?
No? then read the article fully am gonna explain to you completely.
Why do you need to drink water?
It is said that 2/3 of our body is made up of water so for the proper functioning of the organs adequate water is essential. But what will happen, when you consumed in a wrong way, it becomes the reason for most shocking health problems such as joint pain, weak digestion, skin problems, kidney problems and etc.
The first rule is, you should drink water by sitting position, not in the standing position.
Here are the 5 wrong ways of drinking water which you can better change immediately.
- Drinking a glass of water after meals might be the most satisfying thing for you. But, that is the worst thing that you can do to your body when we eat a meal our body temperature rises for better digestion but drinking water just after meals instantly dilutes the gastric juices reducing the body’s ability to digest food. Also, your body fails to absorb the full nutrients from foods.
- Drinking cold or chilled water can not only cause a sore throat but also has serious problems. Coldwater shrinks the blood vessels thus restricting the digestion. It also tends to solidify the facts from the food. Chilled water decreases the heart rate ideally. So drinking lukewarm water is good for health.
- It might seem hard to believe but in reality, the way water enters your body can make a huge difference. But when you drink water too fast, anyway, your body won’t accept it and would flush most of it out exactly the opposite of what you wanted to happen. Our stomach is acidic in nature on the other hand saliva in our mouth is alkaline in nature and its job is to stabilize the acid in the stomach. When we drink a large amount of water at once very little saliva gets mixed with the water so the condition inside our stomach remains acidic this may cause acidity, bloating gas, and so on. Hence, one should slowly sip the water.
- Excess of anything is bad for health and it is suited for water also. So when you drink more and more water that makes the salts and other electrolytes in our body too diluted thus causing imbalances in the body.
- Drinking water while standing/walking. when we drink water in standing position our kidneys are not able to filter the water as it wanted. Your muscles and nervous system are not relaxed at this position. It is best to sit down and sip water slowly.
What is the best time to drink water?
- After waking up Drink 1 or 2 glasses of water after waking up to help re-activate your internal organs. So the water will help to remove any toxins from your body.
- Before a meal Drink 1 glass of water 30 minutes before a meal to help better digestion. So do not drink too soon before or after a meal as the water will dilute the digestive juices. Drink water an hour after the meal to allow the body to absorb the nutrients from the foods.
- Before a bath Before you going for a bath drink one glass of water. It helps to lower your blood pressure.
- Before sleep Drink one glass of water an hour before bedtime to replenish any fluid loss that can occur during the night.
- Only sip a small amount of water with your meals. If you drink too much while you eat, your belly won’t have enough room for digestive action. Remember this second rule, eat 50% food, 25% water, and leave 25% empty for the digestive process.
- Drink when you’re thirsty. Thirst is a natural urge that should be heeded. It means your body needs water.
- Your urine is a secondary confirmation to know if you’re amply hydrated. It should be fairly clear and straw-colored. If it’s dark yellow you need to drink more water as soon as possible.
- Your lips are the second indicator. If they’re dry you might be dehydrated. So drink more water.
I hope you learned the healthy lesson on how to drink water if you like the blog post do share it with your friends and family members.