Exercise is a science!
Even experts or experienced trainers or bodybuilders were beginners once. So never fear to start your fitness life with this simple education.
Starting your fitness/gym journey with a little bit of education can help you go for a long way.
Let me be honest. If you are a beginner you will hate going to the gym for some weeks. But once you see those changes not only physically but also mentally, you will love it like anything and missing the gym will make you sad. So just stuck at it for few initial difficult weeks and then see your life change. So here are the must-read gym tips for beginners.
Read tips on how exercise makes you a handsome guy?
45 Best Gym Tips For Beginners:
Workout Tips For Beginners:
- Exercise is for being healthy and it is not for looking good. If you are healthy you will look good.
- By just doing tummy exercises like crunches you won’t lose your belly fat. You need to use all the muscles in your body to get optimal results and flatten your tummy.
- Try to do both cardio and weight exercises. Cardio is good for your heart and weight training for weight reduction.
- High-intensity interval training (HIIT) for 15 mins is more beneficial than slow cardio like jogging for 60 mins for burning fat. If you want to retain muscle then don’t do long-distance running like marathons as the body starts breaking down muscle when you exercise for more than 45 mins to 1 hour. As you know, HIIT does not lead to muscle loss.
- Give yourself rest days for your body to recover otherwise you will end up with overtraining syndrome.
- To gain muscle you need to increase the resistance every few days to weeks.
- Don’t try to copy others who are lifting heavy weights you will only get injured. Start slow and with weights you are comfortable with.
- Don’t forget to work out your legs regularly otherwise, you will end up having a large upper and a small thin lower like chicken legs.
- Vary your exercise routine to stop getting bored. Ask for help from trainers.
- If you play an outdoor sport it is great. You will feel more energetic. Sports help to increase speed, agility, balance, and concentration.
- Do not waste your time chatting and gossiping about others in the gym. Come in, workout, and get out. Try not to spend more than an hour in the gym.
- Compound exercises that involve multiple joints and recruit a large number of muscles are better than isolated exercises to gain strength. Examples of compound exercises include pushup, pull-ups, squats, bench press, and deadlifts.
- Don’t occupy a machine for a long time. Respect others and give to others to use the machine.
- Unless you want to be a professional bodybuilder and win Mr. Olympia stay away from anabolic steroids. They will kill you.
- Carry a towel with you. Don’t leave your sweat on equipment.
- Compete with yourself, not with others.
- Don’t forget to put the weights back on the rack.
- Get adequate sleep. You need at least 8 hours of sleep for your muscles to grow. Growth hormone secretion peaks at night and while you are sleeping.
- Stay away from the gym if you are feeling unwell like having the flu. Exercise will only make it worse.
- Carry a towel with you always. Your gym mates don’t want to use sweaty machines.
- Warm-up at least 10 mins before you focus on weight training.
- Maintain consistency. Do not skip the gym for more than 3 days in a row.
- Never be shy to ask for help from the trainer. They are in the gym to help you.
- Stretch before and after workouts.
- Never miss training all the parts of your body. Don’t be that guy who always trains chest but never do a leg workout.
- Never start your workout without a proper warm-up (To avoid injury).
- While working out Listen to any motivational audio or any inspirational song. You will be pumped to do more workouts.
- Monitor your improvements, if not get help from a trainer.
- Don’t be afraid of the pain. You are going to feel the pain for at least the initial 2 weeks. In fact, if you don’t feel the pain then it’s a matter of concern. So don’t be afraid of the pain and think something is going wrong. After 2 weeks once the body becomes habitual pain will go away.
- Last but not least, in the gym, there is not smart work, only hard work pays off.
Diet Tips For Beginners:
- Losing weight is 90% diet and 10% exercise.
- A healthy balanced diet is usually enough if you want to stay fit, not everyone needs to take supplements.
- Do not eat heavily before hitting the gym. A gap of at least 2 to 3 hours should be there after a meal.
- Hydration is very important. Keep yourself hydrated. Drink water during your workouts. Drink enough water to keep yourself hydrated during your day. Watch out for your urine. If it is yellow in color then drink water. The color of the hydrated person’s urine is white.
- Never skip your pre-workout foods. Eat something before hitting the gym. Eat apples or bananas or oats.
- Try to eat for a workout within half an hour to one hour.
- Wanna lose weight? The intake of your food calories must be less than your maintenance calories. Vice versa to gain weight.
- Don’t waste your money on supplements unless you are following a proper diet.
- Most of the Gym trainers usually bluff with you to buy supplements from them. Make sure it is genuine before you purchase it.
- Diet and nutrition is an area where the majority of people in the gym seem to go wrong.
So don’t lose hope, and don’t give up.
I hope this blog post helps if you like the post do share it with your friends(Gym partner).